22 Pounds of UAW Rules and Regulations
Ever wondered what a UAW contract looks like? Here is all 22 pounds of it (in this case, Ford’s 2,215 page 2007 master contract; Coke can is for scale and because I was thirsty).
I’ll tell you this much, those 2,215 pages don’t include much regarding efficiency and competitiveness. What you’ll find are hundreds of rules, regulations, and letters of understanding that have hamstrung the auto companies for years.
If you’d like to read the contracts for yourself, here they are:
Ford’s 2007 Contract:
- Volume 1: Agreements
- Volume 2: Retirement Plan and Insurance Program
- Volume 3: Supplemental Unemployment Benefit Agreement and Plan, Profit Sharing Agreement and Plan (ha!), Tax-Efficient Savings Agreement and Plan, and UAW-Ford Legal Services Plan
- Volume 4: Letters of Understanding
- Volume 5: Skilled Trades Book
GM’s 2003 and 2007 contracts:
- GM’s 2003 contract (71 megs)
- Changes to GM’s 2007 contract (HT: Factory Rats; full contract not available)
Chrysler’s 2003 and 2007 contracts:
- Chrysler’s 2003 contract (21 megs)
- Changes to Chrysler’s 2007 contract (HT: Factory Rats; full contract not available)