- Back to the Future: UNITE HERE officials successfully negotiate with an employer to ditch a 401(k) plan in favor of a defined benefit plan. Next on the agenda: more crippling work rules!
- Fuzzy Union Math: A new report from the Center for American Progress claims passing the anti-democratic “Employee Free Choice Act” will help cut poverty by half. To be fair, it will definitely stave off poverty among union officials.
- The Wall Street Journal‘s David Berman: “The best way to understand the sale of Chrysler Group is as blood sport between parent DaimlerChrysler and its North American unions.” See more here.
- Anatomy of a Strike: “Woerner and some Snokist managers say they began receiving death threats. Woerner says protesters waved posters with the image of her face with a bull’s-eye printed on her forehead.” Predictable outcome from bad labor leadership: “the union accepted an offer that included no wage boost and only scant benefits guarantees.”
- Hawaiian state rep.’s op-ed: “unionized workplaces are less efficient and competitive than non-union shops, and consumers have been voting with their feet.”
Posted on Apr 25, 2007 by Bret Jacobson