- In Alabama, Michael Lackey, former President of Communications Workers of America (CWA) Local 3901, was sentenced to one year and one day in prison and three years of supervised probation. He was also ordered to pay restitution in the amount of $69,193. On January 31, 2017, Lackey pled guilty to five counts of bank fraud and one count of embezzlement in the amount of $69,193.
- In Alaska, Jeffrey Davies, former President of American Federation of Government Employees (AFGE) Local 183, was sentenced to one year in a federal penitentiary and three years of federal probation, and he was ordered to pay restitution in the amount of $92,766 and a $100 fine. On June 7, 2016, Davies pled guilty to one count of embezzling over $92,000 in union funds.
- In Idaho, Ashley Cline, former office manager for Laborers International Union of North America (LIUNA) Local 155, was sentenced to four years of federal probation and ordered to pay restitution in the amount of $30,776 and a $1,000 fine. On January 25, 2017, Cline pled guilty to a single count of wire fraud.
- In Illinois, Lonzell Moore, former President of American Postal Workers Union (APWU) Local 1730, pled guilty to one count of embezzling $18,857 in union funds.
- In Michigan, Brenda Schaefer, former Treasurer of National Rural Letter Carriers Association (NRLCA) Local 39, pled guilty to one count of willful failure to maintain union records.
- In New Jersey, Paul Moe, a member of the International Longshoremen’s Association (ILA) Local 1804-1 and general foreman for a Port Elizabeth terminal operator, was indicted on one count of wire fraud conspiracy and 13 counts of wire fraud for fraudulently submitting time sheets that resulted in paying him nearly $500,000 annually. The investigation disclosed that he either never showed up at the job site or was present for as little as eight hours per week.
- In Pennsylvania, Charles Hill, former Financial Secretary of Glass, Molders, Pottery, Plastics and Allied Workers (GMP) Local 46, was indicted on one count of embezzling $7,000 in union funds.
- In Texas, Clementine T. Ray, former President of American Federation of Government Employees (AFGE) Local 2109, was sentenced to three years of probation and was ordered to pay $4,067 in restitution. On May 31, 2017, Ray pled guilty to false writings.
As always, check back next week!