- Who wouldn’t want to pick their opponent: The Hill reports “National labor unions, traditional allies of the Democratic Party, are planning to play a significant role in the 2008 Republican presidential primary.”
- When you elect your own boss things are good: The Rocky Mountain News reports that Colorado’s governor has been working behind closed doors with major labor leaders to unionize state employees.
- Patently absurd: More from The Hill, which reports “Just as patent reform legislation appeared to be gaining momentum this summer, the AFL-CIO and United Steelworkers of America weighed in with letters critical of bills approved by House and Senate committees.”
- If you loved what they did to the auto industry, you’ll love what they do to health care: The Detroit Free Press reports “UAW stance on health care worries workers.”
- Are you a Fool for being a union member: The Motley Fool investment organization asks, “Are union dues a good investment?”
- She works hard for the money: Denver Post columnist David Harsanyi argues you “shouldn’t have to work OT at avoiding union.”
Posted on Sep 05, 2007 by LaborPains.org Team